Who is it for?
Local Authorities or organisations who;
- are about to hold a Local Plan (or other planning) examination or Transport & Works Act Order (TWAO) inquiry
- are about to start a consultation process and need somewhere to store respondents' details & comments efficiently
- would like to be able to extract and analyse representation data
- may be appointing a Programme Officer who would also need access to the data
Store & access data. Easily & efficiently.
Secure & easy to implement. A template Access database that users populate themselves & store on their existing networks. No complications with data security or GDPR & a simple "ready to go" data solution.
Designed specifically for Local Plan examinations or TWAO inquiries. To be used from the consultation to report stage. Created by an experienced Programme Officer who knows the process.
Look up & extract specific data. Access selected data or easily look up specific records. Helps authorities prepare reports, statements and answer Inspector requests, as required.
Efficient transfer of data from authorities to Programme Officer. Created for use by both authority & Programme Officer for whole of examination process. Saves time & increases productivity for both parties.
For both planning & TWAO authorities & Programme Officer.
A little bit of background.
Melanie Owen-Roberts created her own database to use in her Programme Officer work after being repeatedly frustrated by the way in which the electronic data for representations was handed over to her by the authority. It seemed either over-complicated with confusing referencing or an very basic spreadsheet. None of them enabled her to track the examination process or extract specific data electronically as she needed to for her work in assisting the Inspector.
So she designed an Access database with clear referencing that stored the data methodically and allowed for easy access to what she and the Inspector needed. Plus it enabled her to quickly look up information and track progress as required. With over 17 years experience of using it for her own work she believes it will help make the examination process more efficient and less stressful for authorities, while also providing a bridge for the data transfer between the authority and their Programme Officer.
Top 12 features in 1 little package.
- Standalone, budget-friendly Access database that is easy to install and ready to go
- A "template" database that is populated by user
- Data input & stored on the user's existing network, so no worries about security issues or GDPR
- Record contact information for respondents and representations with unique reference numbers
- Logs and track officers' response and recommendations
- Easily look up contact details or comments with an ultra-friendly format
- Produce a list of respondents in one easy click
- Search for representations according to topic or chapter or place or person
- Quickly produce a list of email or postal addresses for mailings
- Smooth transition of data to Programme Officer
- Programme Officer can electronically track examination process, such as, who is appearing at hearings
- Record users' comments and notes throughout process